Time to formally introduce myself

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SMT

Time to formally introduce myself

Post by SMT »

Hello Minters,

I have been using mint happily for about 4 months, Linux as my main OS for about 6. I started using Linux in 2004 when I was in the US Navy. The combat control system was back then primarily HP Unix with a little Red Hat and Mandrake mixed in. I tried using Mandriva back when they first switched from Mandrake to Mandriva, but found that the 10.0A install that I was using did not support my Laptop Chipset. I tried Ubuntu Karmic with some reservations when recovering a friends PC, and found quite happily that it mostly worked with no issues. After that it was a little distro hopping, because hey, who really likes that crappy brown?

tried out other Ubuntu derivatives, fedora, openSUSE, PClinuxOS, even made myself a puplet there for a while, eventually to land on sexyfresh mint. It works, its beautiful, I get tons of complements on it, and i think i might be wearing my wife down to using it on the home desktop :lol:

I have received tremendous help from the community here and in the IRC rooms. Hopefully someday I will be able to give back.

anyway just wanted to say hello, thanks, and have fun.... besides i might be leaning of you guys this weekend when i undertake an LFS build!

Thanks
Sean
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Time to formally introduce myself

Post by proxima_centauri »

Hi SMT,

I'm glad you found both the forums and the Mint IRC channels a great place for support. Best of luck.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi Sean. I've found the Mint community to be like a home away from home. A lot of really nice and helpful people here. Sounds like you will fit right in. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Sean,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
Just in case you haven't found it already there is a community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

Friendly welcome Sean

Return to “Introduce Yourself”