Hello there.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soreil

Hello there.

Post by soreil »

This would've been my first post if the LMDE Desktop thread didn't steal away my attention. I have been using Mint for about 4 months now and finally decided to get a little bit more involved in the community behind it. I first started using the GNU/Linux operating system in late 2009 when my interest in computers had outgrown only the hardware side and software became more interesting to me. I first installed Debian which I failed horribly at(couldn't recognize HDDs). A few weeks later I decided I wanted to try it again, I got myself a cheap Netbook and installed Ubuntu on it. I loved it instantly(hey it had XP on it when I started) especially the fact that I had so much freedom in doing whatever I wanted. I tried out A LOT of different distros in the months following that and eventually ended using Mint 9 which I am still running on that tiny Netbook. Because of my good experiences with Mint 9 and the fact that I wanted to get rid of Windows on my desktop I started looking for a desktop operating system that would fit my needs. I always since day 1 liked the idea of Debian and when I started to read about Mint based on Debian I was immediately interested. I have only been using this for about 24 hours now but already love it, especially the fact that it is so much like the main edition.

Well that is how I ended up here. The main things I do these days luckily all have great GNU/Linux versions many of which are unrivaled in other operating systems imo (Comix for my manga, Mplayer for movies etc etc). This is barely an introduction of myself a person but lets keep it to this : just google Otaku.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Hello there.

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome to the LM community soreil, both the LMDE and Ubuntu based sides.

Like you I just started with LMDE this week on my laptop and am still in the process of configuring it to be similar to my LM9 install. I have been using LM for just under 2 years on my laptop, my primary machine. 2 months ago I installed LM9 Gnome to my desktop, which I rarely use.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome soreil. I think the more you use LMDE the more you will like it.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello soreil
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat,you'll have to join #linuxmint-debian manually from there.
Have fun with Mint
jesica

Post by jesica »

Welcome to the forum

Return to “Introduce Yourself”