Long-Time Windows Pro Now a Linux Mint Noob

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Long-Time Windows Pro Now a Linux Mint Noob

Postby KoHoSo on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

What a great forum! This place has already answered several of my questions so maybe I will never need to post here...but, might as well test out the ol' sig and avatar, eh? :wink:

After years of abuse from Windows, I am so glad to have gotten around to looking at Linux again and found Linux Mint. I am highly impressed with how it works "right out of the box" for a lot of systems. As a long-time go-to guy for friends and business acquaintances for their myriad of problems with Windows, I am looking forward to really getting into Linux Mint and gaining more converts for this distribution or any others...anything but Windows, right? :lol:

Seriously...I cannot thank the developers of Linux Mint and the helpful people in this forum enough for making a distribution that is so user-friendly. I am really looking forward to getting more familiar with Linux even though I know I will run into some real puzzles with it. Still, I'd rather do that now since Linux Mint gives such a great start than continue to pound my head against the wall with Microsoft.
I was a bland little boy until I discovered the joys of weirdness. - John Kricfalusi
KoHoSo
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Long-Time Windows Pro Now a Linux Mint Noob

Postby Matt3223 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 am

Welcome to Mint KoHoSo!

I hope you come to enjoy the land of Linux. I certainly have.

Since learning with Mint, ubuntu, et al, I've come to realize how much i didn't know back in the Windows days. I thought I knew some things... but now I'm learning! :D

Welcome and enjoy. \o
Matt3223
Level 1
Level 1

Postby tdockery97 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:24 am

Welcome to the community KoHoSo. I'm glad that you are pleased with Mint. The best thing is that it just keeps getting better with time. :D

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby jesica on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 am

welcome
jesica

Postby Oscar799 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:42 am

Hello KoHoSo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> viewtopic.php?f=60&p=302358#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Return to Introduce yourself