hi community!!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

hi community!!

Postby mbarny on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm

hi everyone!! i m matteo from croatia, i ve just installed mint 9 x64 on my acer 6930g laptop and thats what i think about it....
Amazing!!! really, when i decided i had enough of wind.... i wasn't expecting that much from linux, way better,faster a easier than 7.
some problems with microphone and webcam but its just question of time. Go linux!!! :D
mbarny
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: hi community!!

Postby dawgdoc on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Welcome Matteo

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.

Regarding the microphone, open a terminal and type alsamixer and then press <enter> This will open a terminal application which will let you adjust audio inputs and outputs. The ledger at the top will let you select [All] with F5, and F6 will let you make sure the correct sound card is selected. If there is a [MM] below your microphone graph this means it is muted. Press m to enable it.

THIS post has a link to a camera troubleshooting page.

If these quick comments do not help, I would suggest starting a separate topic for each problem. Be sure and include information which will aid people assisting you. The forum rules can be reached by a link at the top of topics in the Newbie section, the type of information which is most useful is listed in the rules.

Again, Welcome

SYSTEM: Compaq Presario CQ62 Dual-Boot: Mint 13 Gnome x32 PAE, LMDE
READING: The Autobiography of Benvenuto Cellini
dawgdoc
Level 9
Level 9

Postby tdockery97 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Welcome matteo!

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook, 8GB DDR3, 2.5GHZ A10-APU, Radeon HD 8650G
Registered Linux User #520972
tdockery97
Level 13
Level 13

Postby jesica on Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:46 am

Welcome to the great forum,

hope you enjoy it as much as we all do :mrgreen:
jesica
Level 8
Level 8

Postby Oscar799 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:46 am

Hello matteo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
If you prefer real-time assistance we have IRC channels - open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Postby mbarny on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 am

dawgdoc wrote:Welcome Matteo

Check out this thread, it offers tips and "tricks of the trade" and has links to a number of guides and tutorials. Also, there is a tutorial section in the Linux Mint Community Site.

Regarding the microphone, open a terminal and type alsamixer and then press <enter> This will open a terminal application which will let you adjust audio inputs and outputs. The ledger at the top will let you select [All] with F5, and F6 will let you make sure the correct sound card is selected. If there is a [MM] below your microphone graph this means it is muted. Press m to enable it.

THIS post has a link to a camera troubleshooting page.

If these quick comments do not help, I would suggest starting a separate topic for each problem. Be sure and include information which will aid people assisting you. The forum rules can be reached by a link at the top of topics in the Newbie section, the type of information which is most useful is listed in the rules.

Again, Welcome

thanks man, your very kind.... i ve been on linux for about 2 weeks and people like you makes me already fell part of the family :D
i tried to fix the mic like you said but nothing changed, the mic wasn t muted and when i tried to record my voice i just heard a strange noise. nevermind i ll open a new topic.
tnaks again
mbarny
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mbarny on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:46 am

tdockery97 wrote:Welcome matteo!

thanks
mbarny
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mbarny on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:49 am

jesica wrote:Welcome to the great forum,

hope you enjoy it as much as we all do :mrgreen:

thanks jessica you re so kind, i m sure i will :D
mbarny
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mbarny on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 am

oscar799 wrote:Hello matteo,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
If you prefer real-time assistance we have IRC channels - open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat

thank you. real-time assistance?!!.... amazing, i ll give it a try thats for sure, thanks
mbarny
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Introduce yourself