Hi there :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kvv

Hi there :)

Post by kvv »

Hi,

I am a graduate student working on Speech Processing at Rutgers University. I am a newbie to Linux Mint, but have been using Ubuntu on and off for the past 6 years. Now, I have completely fallen in love with this OS, and my Windows Vista partition has become 250 gigs of empty wasted space :D. Still keeping it, just in case.

Anyway, I would like to give kudos to everyone who is working on and contributing to Linux Mint, you guys have really set standards to what a good OS should do and what it should look like. I hope to be able help you guys, or any other awesome project in GNU, in the future.

- kvv
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hi there :)

Post by tdockery97 »

Hi kvv, and welcome to the Linux Mint Community.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome kvv,

I know what you mean about an unused partition. I haven't booted into my XP partition in over a year. I keep thinking I need to boot into it to update my anti-virus definitions. :lol:
jesica

Post by jesica »

Hey

welcome to the forum
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello kvv,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Return to “Introduce Yourself”