New to Mint... ...again ;)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
groovydaddy

New to Mint... ...again ;)

Post by groovydaddy »

Hello Mint Community! I'm GroovyD, and I'm a Mint-a-holic!

I was first introduced to Linux a little over a year ago with a Ubuntu 8.04 CD given to me by one of my classmates. Since then, I have been exploring the world of Linux as a distro-hopper. I've used Ubuntu (including Kubuntu & Xubuntu), Fedora, Mandriva, Mint 8 (LXDE Edition), CrunchBang#! (lite and standard editions), Debian 9, Slackware, Vector, Kuki, Arch, Unity, moonOS, antiX, Mepis, and more. Though I like (U)(Ku)(Xu)buntu and #! a lot, I have to say that the attention to detail with Mint 10, with all of the user friendly tweaks, have really got me hooked on Mint! My netbook is Mint exclusive, and I'm in the process of convincing my wife to transition from Win7 to Mint.

When I first heard of Linux, it was hard for me to imagine a FREE operating system that could do everything my XP computer could do (and more, as I found out). Even more hard to believe was the fact that disk maintenance and virus protection weren't necessary with Linux, of which I was thankful to find out. I'm very happy with Mint, and I look forward to future releases.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: New to Mint... ...again ;)

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome back groovydaddy. I too have tried just about every distro listed on DistroWatch, and always came back to Mint. While I still try new ones just for the fun of it, I am no longer checking to see if there is something better, because there isn't.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
jesica

Post by jesica »

welcome to the forum
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello groovydaddy,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302358
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Post by willie42 »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”