Moin

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
framp

Moin

Post by framp »

Moin - that's a German word for 'G'day' - in particular in the northern area of Germany ;-)

I'm not new to Linux - I use OpenSuSE for about 10 years now. Lately I set up a box for my parent in law ( > 70 ) - detected Mint - installed it for him and he loves Mint :D .
I also installed Mint 10 on my primary box in parallel to openSuSE - and see some differences between these two distros - and have some questions about config etc. That's why I joined this forum.

I'm familiar with networking and wrote a script which collects network information and should help people who have issues with networking to provide info about their system so it's possible to help then. In addition most common config errors are detected and reported. It evolved on an openSuSE distro - but runs on mint and other Linux distros - but openSuSE specific tests are not done. Looks like it will get additional special support for mint later or sooner ;-) Any hints or suggestions how to add additional value to the generated output for Mint for networking problem isolation are welcome. Would be glad if this script also will help users in this forum to get their networking issues solved like it does for the openSuSE community.

I'm going to ask questions - there are differences between openSuSE and Mint - but I hope I also will be able to help other people in distro independent issues and questions.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Moin

Post by Elisa »

Hello,

welcome in the forum.
BTW interesting script, if u'd like other translations, just PM me.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums framp. If there is anything you can't find within the forums, please join us on IRC. Opening XChat will take you directly to #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Welcome to the Mint Community framp.

Glad to see you are pitching in.
framp

Post by framp »

tdockery97 wrote:Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums framp. If there is anything you can't find within the forums, please join us on IRC. Opening XChat will take you directly to #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help. Have fun with Mint.
Very nice. I frankly like to have this kind of irc chan for mint. I joined the chans and followed the discussions for a while. But frankly - why should I post any issues I have in this forum if I have the irc help channel? That way I get an answer immediately - and nobody knows about my issue and can use the search function in this forum to find the solution for my issue on his own. ... Form an individual point of view a chan is very useful - I get an answer very quickly - but from a community point of view I got help from a chan to get my issue solved - but next time somebody else has the same issue he's not able to find the solution I got in the chan because it's not recorded in this forum.

From my point of view as somebody who has a community view a forum is the central point where everybody should post his issue so that later on everybody who has the same or similar issue can find the answer by searching the forum. So I'm going to use the forum for my issues - and join the chan in my spare time just to have some chats :D
framp

Post by framp »

framp wrote:...I'm going to ask questions - there are differences between openSuSE and Mint - but I hope I also will be able to help other people in distro independent issues and questions.
I now follow the forum for about a month. I thought I can provide help for other mint users, but every time I check for new postings > 5 people already handled them -so I feel useless :cry: . Just kidding ... Summary: I very impressed about the support people get on mint in this forum :!:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”