I just joined and wanted to share my immensely positive experience with Linux Mint 10 on a Macbook 4.1 dual boot. I tried Kubuntu first and had a few issues. I am happy to report that everything works out of the box, including:
- sleep/suspend upon closing the macbook.
- wifi works great and reconnects fast after resuming from sleep.
- brightness buttons work
- volume buttons work
- right click using two finger + click works
- right click by holding down primary click and then releasing also works
- runs smoothly (just as good as OSX)
- webcam does NOT work but I do not need it (i hear there is a fix for it)
The standard apps are fantastic, and I just added Chromium and Qbittorrent.
Thanks to the Mint team and this community for a great distribution!