Hay all M9-fluxbox

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Hay all M9-fluxbox

Postby vinnywright on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Hay all........Vinnywright from Lexington NC hear

just installed linux Mint 9 Fluxbox on this old DELL Inspiron-2100 700Mhz-CPU 128-RAM ATI-GPU lappy

so far so good ........it seams to run better than slitaz Puppy or Ulite and WPA wirless is working fine after using the windows wirless drivers tool to install the XP drivers for the PCMCIA belkin card...........sweet

nice work .......and will say what I see when I see it.............lol

☢VINNY☢
vinnywright
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hay all M9-fluxbox

Postby Kendall on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Glad you're liking it. Honestly I'm surprised it runs with those system specs so bravo in that regard. Also good to see another NC resident on the board. I'm in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville.

I build and maintain the Fluxbox edition and though my time is very limited I do try and get to support questions when I can.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Postby vinnywright on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Kendall wrote:Glad you're liking it. Honestly I'm surprised it runs with those system specs so bravo in that regard. Also good to see another NC resident on the board. I'm in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville.

I build and maintain the Fluxbox edition and though my time is very limited I do try and get to support questions when I can.

WoW an acuall Dev hear ....cool

my other 3 boxes all run Kubuntu 1 eatch of 10.04 , 10.10 & 11.04 but this lappy has been a ...........adventure to get a linux GUI to run on :)

so bravo for your efforts 8)

I dont know mutch but would be happy to test thing's or whatever you tell me to do ........felow NC res. ;)
1 box is just for testing.........it's runing the Kubuntu 11.04 now but could be whatever you'ed like........
it's a old AMD64 with 512-RAM and nvidia GPU ........

VINNY
vinnywright
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Oscar799 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Hello Vinny,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Return to Introduce yourself