Hi Hi

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.

Hi Hi

Postby Kilz on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 am

Hi Hi
Just a post to introduce myself. I am a long time linux user that has been using 64bit Ubuntu since Dapper and I was looking for a new distro to try. After a few installs to my testing partition to see whats out there (opensuse, debian, fedora) I tried Mint Debian. The polish is very nice, on par with Suse if not above it, I have found that the usual long list of additions/subtractions I make to most distro's is rather shortened with Mint. I really have liked using it the last 4 days and it I rank it very high. Add to this the fact that its a rolling release is a great plus, I am eager to get off the 6 months to a year reinstall treadmill. I tried Arch last year, but it had stability issues. Also the fact Mint is Debian based makes it easy for me because of my knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian. If Mint continues to make me smile, and I have no doubt it will, Mint will end up on 10-12 other computers I help people with in my family and church. That is depending on the ok of the users.
I trust Microsoft about as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat
Ubuntu is my past, it is no longer the place it once was, on its forums you are no longer free to voice your opinion.
64bit Linux Powered
Kilz
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Hi Hi

Postby TBABill on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am

Welcome aboard, Kilz! I keep sneaking out of the pasture to see what's out there, always sneaking right back in after a very short period with another distro. I'm glad you like LMDE and hope to see you around the forums.
TBABill
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Oscar799 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 am

Hello Kilz,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat and from there you can join #linuxmint--debian
Have fun with Mint
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Postby The-Wizard on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi..welcome to the Mint family forums
wizard
asus M2N-MX board, AMD x2 6000 amd/ati graphics 4x1mb ddr2, 21" HD screen Mint 17-64 cinnamon
Acer ZG5 -peppermint dell 1545 mint 17-64

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that i don't know the answer " [Douglas Adams]
The-Wizard
Level 8
Level 8

Postby donec on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Welcome Kilz to Mint Forums.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM16 KDE
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Postby Kilz on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks for the welcome :). I now have a few more days with mint debian under my belt and it ranks up there with some of my favorites (Suse 10, Ubuntu feisty to name a few). Looks like I have a winner in the search for a new distro. :)
I trust Microsoft about as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat
Ubuntu is my past, it is no longer the place it once was, on its forums you are no longer free to voice your opinion.
64bit Linux Powered
Kilz
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Introduce yourself