Newly arrived at Mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jrj350

Newly arrived at Mint

Post by jrj350 »

Hello all,
I am coming off Ubuntu. I started with Ubuntu a few years ago, and liked it very much. But the last two or three releases didn't seem to be what I wanted. Too many problems plus Canonical decided to really shift gears with the last up-grade. It appears many people like the new Ubuntu, but it presented too many problems for me and my HP All-in-One 200. I have been looking at the various distributions and this Mint-Deb seems to be pretty nice. so I installed it. I hope it works out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Newly arrived at Mint

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums jrj350. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums jrj350!

Cheers.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello jrj350,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
BuyerBrown

Newly arrived at Mint

Post by BuyerBrown »

Hey There I'm Starting off with Mint as well (somewhat new to Linux) Just signed up for the Forums Today
Hope to see ya around - Happy computing :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”