Time to join, and help if possible

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brencameron

Time to join, and help if possible

Post by brencameron »

Hello fellow Mint lovers!
My name is Tom G. and I've been using Mint since version 8 (quite happily, I should say). I'm in my mid 40s, I don't program for a living, but I have some rudimentary knowledge of Perl and Python. I've been maintaining a blog since last December about my experiences with Mint and finding games to play (I love games).

The news about the Update Packs for LMDE finally got me to register on the forums, so that I could contribute in some small way by acting as a part time tester (can you help test LMDE if you have it in a VM? I hope so...)
The only thing currently that keeps me still using Windows is Netflix (I have a dual-boot setup).
My experience with Linux goes back to late 2001 and Mandrake 8.0, and I've used 3-4 other distributions full time in the years since. I'd say my level is somewhere between newbie and mid-level. Certainly not afraid of command line, nor of trying new things.

------------------
http://duskfire.wordpress.com/
twitter: @ duskfire_linux
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Time to join, and help if possible

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Tom G.!

Cheers.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Hello!
--one doesn't have to apologize when there is a reasonable explanation

Yes there is nothing wrong with using alternate OS systems, Microsoft, Apple or Google (Android), if you need them for some specific purpose
--the obvious one being dos/windows PC games

The only complaint most Linux users have against windows users is that they don't give Linux enough time to grow on them, and expect/demand that Linux be exactly like windows, right down to all the hotkeys used
  • That is irksome to many
    --but we often just say ce la vie and go on..
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Tom,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat,and from there you can join #linuxmint-debian
Have fun with Mint
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”