INTRODUCING MY SELF

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
N_uber

INTRODUCING MY SELF

Post by N_uber »

Hello i dont mean to take up server space i just wanted to chime in and say hello to all the fans on mint. I finally have the opportunity to use linux right now im running on live mode since I iam a real true enthusaist that is NOOB. lol see you guys/gals arounnd the forum.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: INTRODUCING MY SELF

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Mint forums N_uber. You will find a lot of information and help from some very enthusiastic and knowledgeable Mint users. I'm sure you will also want to visit our Mint Community Website at http://community.linuxmint.com/. You will find real-time help in our IRC channels. Just go to Menu>Internet>XChat IRC and when you open it you will automatically be taken to our #linuxmint-chat and #linuxmint-help channels. Have fun with Mint.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums N_uber!

Cheers.
N_uber

Post by N_uber »

Thank you Tdockery97 Im going to check the site out promptly. I'm sure I'll be lurking these Linux forums often. I was initially drawn to Linux through knoppix for its famed "easy of use" in 2008 however Ive had quiet some hardship or bad luck if you believe in that for about 3 years. I purchased a Linux magazine and Knoppix 6.4.4 was the liveCD that came in it. I ran it in live mode however it did not detect my friends Ethernet out-of-the-box. I downloaded Mint Katya and it did detect it. Im very happy on how clean it looks and the accessibility it has. I am starting College in 2 months for an applied science degree in network security , I'd not dumb just ignorant to half of what has been going on in the web for the past years, that is why I'm excited to be educated. Well I'm rambling. Thanks again.

Regards
-N_uber
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, you will do a full installation sometime soon. :wink:
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
GruB

Post by GruB »

Gidday. I am a total noob to Linux. I have great support at work as one colleague in particular is very supportive and is why I switched from Windows. I promise to search for the answers before I ask any stupid questions.
Aside from computers I enjoy cycling
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

GruB

you too are also welcomed to the Mint family and it's forums

wizard
mrsfixit

Post by mrsfixit »

Welcome. I'm a Mint n00b too, but I've been using Ubuntu for a couple of years so I'm not new to Linux.

I dual booting Win7/Mint 11 on a new Acer ultraportable I just got. Not that i use Win7- I can't stand it. But I'll leave it there until the warranty is up, just in case.

I am liking Mint so far. A lot more stuff works "out of the box" than in Ubuntu. So far it's been fast and stable. I think if you really give it a chance and work through any minor issues you might have you'll enjoy your Mint experience.

There's a lot of smart folks here willing to help. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”