Hello.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ClydeOne

Hello.

Post by ClydeOne »

Hi there. My name's Clyde, and even though I'm not entirely new to the world of Linux, I still believe that I am. Most of the technical things involved, I cannot even begin to comprehend. But, enough about that, I've spent the better part of half and hour trying to come up with an interesting introduction and this is the best I can do at this time.
This isn't the first time I've used Linux Mint. I first acquired version 8, but never really installed it.(I was a Windows addict) I just used it as a tool to help me recover data from a virus-ridden computer. I later on got Linux Mint 9 and I loved it. I still have that CD currently, along with LM10 and the latest, LM11.
I used to use Ubuntu, and had a couple live CD's of that, but, after I got Linux Mint, I had no real reason to keep them around.
I don't know what else to put here. I've already said that I'm not really good at the using certain things when it comes to Linux (command line argh!)
But anyway, thanks for making an easy to use Linux distro for newbies and semi-newbies, if there is such a thing.
Also sorry if this is all a jumble..I'm posting this kind of late and I am tired. *yawns*
Feel free to ask me questions too if you like.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello.

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Clyde,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 358#p30235
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

You see, the more you'll use it and the more you'll love it!
Welcome to the family.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”