New Guy

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rex Bouwense

New Guy

Post by Rex Bouwense »

Hi all. Something new in a forum, introduce yourself. I am a Ubuntu user and have been one since 2008, the same time that I left Microsoft Windows forever. I haven't looked back. In any event, I am now searching once again for an OS and Mint seems to meet my frivolous requirements. You could say that I am a refuge from Unity. It is a desktop that you either love or hate and I fall in the later category. I have been playing around with Mint and I like what I see.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: New Guy

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums, Keep playing and enjoy

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome to the Unity refugee camp Rex....err...I mean the Mint Forums. :lol: I'm sure I might like Unity or even Gnome 3 (when I figure out how to get them on my Samsung Galaxy smartphone where they belong). :lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Rex Bouwense

Post by Rex Bouwense »

It wasn't that I couldn't install Natty. I just couldn't put it in the "I like this column". I really like Ubuntu and am using Lucid on two of my computers. It has another year and a half before it reaches end of life so I began looking. MInt seemed like a good choice and there are a bunch of versions to choose from like Ubuntu using different desktop environments. We installed Mint on an old machine and are in the process of playing with it. It looks and acts like a super OS but there are 350 or so out there to look at.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello Rex Bouwense,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
inhiway

Post by inhiway »

Welcome to Linux Mint forums Rex Bouwense.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Rex Bouwense!

Cheers.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to the forum and Linux Mint!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3

Return to “Introduce Yourself”