Linux Mint = <3

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ilovelinux

Linux Mint = <3

Post by ilovelinux »

Another Ubuntu refugee here, having installed Linux Mint 10 last night it was like absolute paradise.

I did have Ubuntu 11.10 installed, and it was working *ok* I suppose. It was incredibly slow, and both shutdown and boot times took ages and my system was sluggish even with Unity 2D.

Anyway, LM10 is like...awesome. The boot up times are a little slower, but once I hit active desktop everything is responsive as I would expect it to be.

I had tried the LM12 RC the other day, and it was just an absolute disaster for me...it reminded me of 11.10, slow sluggish performance all around. I'll be waiting awhile before switching to LM12 after it's *official* release on the Mint website.

Thank you Mint, thank you Clem and thank you to all those that are deeply involved with Mint via developing, supporting and the donations. You help make this the best distro I've used in a long time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Linux Mint = <3

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
ilovelinux

Post by ilovelinux »

The-Wizard wrote:Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Thanks Wizard. :) Really good to be here!
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :D
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello ilovelinux,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
There is a lot of useful information for new and not-so-new users here -> http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 58#p302355
We have a Community site http://community.linuxmint.com/
For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
ilovelinux

Post by ilovelinux »

Oscar799 wrote: For real-time help and discussion there are IRC channels,open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be automatically connected to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
I've already been on there talking to people. 8)
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums ilovelinux!

Cheers.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”