New to the Linux world.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ajmartin2006

New to the Linux world.

Post by Ajmartin2006 »

I'v had Linux Mint 12 for just about three weeks, and i'm going to be honest. I didn't swap to Linux because i wanted to. I had Windows XP on my Dell Inspiron, and i ran without any type of virusware for five months until i was so bogged down, and the one partition i could use was corrupted. So i did a complete overhaul and dumped everything, and swapped to Linux Mint 12.

Best decision i'v ever made with my computer, Absolutely loving it. I'm 16 years old, and i use my computer mainly for media and projects, and Mint 12 has everything i need. the forums have already answered three of my questions promptly, and i can tell i'm going to love the community.

- Alex
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: New to the Linux world.

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Alex, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D

Have you already tried Cinnamon? http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1910 In any case, I hope you continue to enjoy Linux Mint :wink:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Alex!

Cheers.
Lykopis

Post by Lykopis »

Hope you enjoy Linux Mint.
I came here from Ubuntu and OpenSuse Linux.
But found the Mint desktop to be what I was looking for.
Welcome to the forums.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Ajmartin2006 wrote:Best decision i'v ever made with my computer, Absolutely loving it. I'm 16 years old, and i use my computer mainly for media and projects, and Mint 12 has everything i need.
Glad to hear you find it useful.

Many people coming from another OS tend to dither back and forth on that issue, even as there are plenty of available OSS alternatives, as you no doubt are aware
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Lin ... s_software

Return to “Introduce Yourself”