Hey from Mintnoob

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Terminal(ly)-Ill

Hey from Mintnoob

Post by Terminal(ly)-Ill »

Hey everyone, thanks for all the helpful threads so far, have some linux experience with dsl, puppy and ubuntu but now I've decided to give mint a try and I'm having a blast, just wish I have more time,
so much math I still have left to do. :( So yeah, for now I'd like to modify the themes of my Mint and get rid of the green and white theme, but I've already seen how to do it in another thread so I'll do that tomorrow.

I'm hoping to modify my Mint into a fully functioning Java programming station as well as watching some anime. One noob question, I'm noticing a quality difference when watching anime on a newly installed Mint compared to Windows, so
do I need some additional graphics drivers to get the same level of quality?

A big thanks for all your effort.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hey from Mintnoob

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Many users report a lot of improvement after installing the proprietary video drivers. They are usually available in your menu under the item "Additional Drivers". Be aware that if you are using Mint 12 Gnome edition, varied results are being reported as to the success/failure of installing the proprietary video drivers. I use Mint 12 KDE and the ATI driver installed correctly and works great.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Terminal(ly)-Il!

Cheers.
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P
outfieldgrass

Post by outfieldgrass »

Welcome! Still new myself but in the short time I have been here this has proven to be one of the best forums I have had the opportunity to join. Great distro and great family feel they have here.
Terminal(ly)-Ill

Post by Terminal(ly)-Ill »

Hey, thanks for the welcome everybody, haven't had much time but at least I've managed to modify my themes a bit, get some nvidia drivers, make launchers and compile some java shell scripts.
The forum is amazingly helpful, there's so much to learn! :D Have a nice time everybody and thanks!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”