Congratulations to the Mint team

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sakalam321

Congratulations to the Mint team

Post by sakalam321 »

This is basically a word of congratulations to the Mint Team and a few words about me.
I have been an Ubuntu user for some years now (started with version 7.04). I just passed my 74th birthday and at this moment I have in my home 3 computers, all in triple boot. My oldest computer, a Pentium IV machine with rather limited RAM and speed has two Ubuntus and my first trial with Mint 9. They all work fine, but I need to do some upgrades to the computer (video card, monitor etc). My other two computers each had two Ubuntu versions and one windows XP in between them. Yesterday I replaced Ubuntu 10.10 with Mint 11 and I feel so much better. I still love Ubuntu and I hope soon I will love Mint equally or better.
So my best wishes to the team, at this post I am not requesting anything. In my next post I will ask a question on how to manage to get rid of windows all together.

Many thanks to the team and I will do my best to promote mint and do anything within my capabilities and knowledge to help the team.

Costas Lazarou
Toronto Canada (originally from Greece)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Congratulations to the Mint team

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Hi Costas, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for giving Linux Mint a try and I hope you continue to enjoy using it :wink:

Be sure also to check out the Community website (ideas, tutorials, and hardware and software reviews). If you need some real-time assistance, you can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users :wink:
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums Costas!

Cheers.
sakalam321

Post by sakalam321 »

Hello Mike Pala, and thank you for your comments. Nothing wrong with Ubuntu, occasionally some versions have a bug and need to be replaced. Also keep in mind that Mint is an Ubuntu derivative and uses many of Ubuntu's repositories.

All the best

Costas
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Yasus
Welcome to the Mint family forums
Toronto Canada (originally from Greece)
Costas I gathered that from your name, i try to spend 3 week a year on holiday around Greece, seen lots of places but still many more to see

wizard
overthetop

Post by overthetop »

Welcome aboard! :P

Return to “Introduce Yourself”