LinuxMint LMDE stable

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
der_micha2006

LinuxMint LMDE stable

Post by der_micha2006 »

Hi all,
sorry, I hope this question is not to stupid...

I am new with linux mint LMDE but I am using Ubuntu since about 8 years.

I heard about the rolling release of LMDE what is really a great feature. So I decided to set up a server on work with Linux Mint LMDE.

I found some comments about stability but found no hints, that it might be instable.

But now I have a problem.

I startet to set up the server and ran into different conflicts, broken dependencies and so on. After additional investigation I recognized, that the used sources may not be very good for a productive server.

So I have following questions:
1. Can I switch sources to stable and, if yes, what are good sources for a productive system (in the old thread it is written it is not possible, but it is quite old)
2. If not, where can I get a LMDE with stable sources, the I would restart setting up the server before it is to late ...

If both is no, it makes no sense for me to use LMDE as a producive system, but I can not imagine this...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: LinuxMint LMDE stable

Post by Monsta »

You can switch to stable, here's [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=99741]the thread about it[/url].

Running server on a rolling release is a bad idea anyway unless you enjoy fixing it, or just wish to learn Debian the hard way. :) LMDE is not technically a rolling release (it's based on the frozen snapshots of Debian Testing's repositories), but the same applies to it, to a certain degree.

Return to “LMDE Archive”