1. install from PPA as suggested here (section=Installation). But PPAs are bad with LMDE as noted here (Q2.2).
2. build from source. Unfortunately, UP8 has GTK version=3.8.4, and Project Hamster advises
- Code: Select all
Version of gtk required is 3.10 because of the use of HeaderBar and other bits.
So I'm wondering:
- Am I missing Something Completely Different? I.e., another way to do this?
- Is there a way to fiddle the PPA so as to make it LMDE-safe?
- Are there LMDE-friendly repos (e.g., incoming, testing) that will give me GTK version=3.10?
- If able to "step up" to GTK version=3.10, how badly will that break the rest of my UP8/Cinnamon?