No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

deb http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest testing main contrib non-free
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

Postby mikecz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:10 am

This is really minor, but there is no text in the box of the Update Pack Info window when I click on it in Update Manager after applying UP5.

It reads my repository correctly, and shows that the pack was applied, but the text box is blank. It is also coming up very slowly (1-2 minutes), but since everything about UP5 has been slow (it took me over 4 hours to download & apply it) this is not worrisome to me as of yet (I'm sure the servers are bogged down with so many LMDE users downloading the update, which is bloody huge).

Anyway: I just wanted to pass that on.

MikeC
mikecz
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: No "Update Pack Info" description after UP5

Postby Monsta on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 am

mintUpdate seems to retrieve the UP info always from the main mirror even if you've chosen another one...
Monsta
Level 8
Level 8

Postby zerozero on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:04 am

and adding to what Monsta is saying if you couldn't connect or pick the main server (due to overload) when running mint-choose-debian-mirror then it's natural that UP5 info is not available.

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Postby mikecz on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:56 am

zerozero wrote:and adding to what Monsta is saying if you couldn't connect or pick the main server (due to overload) when running mint-choose-debian-mirror then it's natural that UP5 info is not available.

Ah. And there are still weird things going on in my box with mint-choose-debian-mirror (as noted in the other thread I started on the issue).

There is one other oddity I have post-UP5, but I'll start another thread on that.

MikeC
mikecz
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Linux Mint Debian Latest