(FIXED) Minor cursor issue after complete Update Pack 2

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
thomasmc

(FIXED) Minor cursor issue after complete Update Pack 2

Post by thomasmc »

I'm set up to use the "latest" repo, and installed the Update Pack 2, in it's entirety, yesterday.

I'm happy to report that even though I let it update EVERYTHING, (I unpinned everything I had pinned), my proprietary ATI drivers still work fine, and I can now even boot to the latest kernel without problem, something I hadn't been able to do before.

But, I have noticed one small problem. Now, when I move my cursor to the bottom right corner area of the screen, it sticks for a second or two. It will come "unglued" if I wait, so it's not that big of a problem, just annoying.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bikrus

Re: Minor cursor issue after complete Update Pack 2 install

Post by bikrus »

In XFCE with nvidia (proprietary) there is no such issue.
thomasmc

Re: Minor cursor issue after complete Update Pack 2 install

Post by thomasmc »

According to the ATI forum, this is a bug in the 64 bit Catalyst driver, and still hasn't been fixed.

I did search around, and found a temporary workaround. It's not pretty, for me the cursor now flickers a lot, and disapears when it isn't moving, but at least it doesn't get stuck in the corner anymore.

edit (as root) /etc/X11/xorg.conf
add this line to the Device section:

Option "SWcursor"

This causes the cursor to be drawn by software, instead of hardware, which is the default.

Hopefully the next release of the Catalyst software will fix this.
thomasmc

(FIXED) Minor cursor issue with ATI driver

Post by thomasmc »

I just found there is a new version of the Catalyst driver on the ATI site. I downloaded it, and it fixes the "stuck cursor" problem.
You can find the driver @ http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/l ... ng=English

Return to “LMDE Archive”