install mount boot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
moonPeople

install mount boot

Post by moonPeople »

after taking a few days off from the install of LMDE 201204 Xfce on a HP Pavilion g4 1318dx and comming back in to figure it out.

working with the install disk and going into Disk Utility. I see that the partitions have been created that were made in Gparted but were not mounted.

i did mount them in Disk Utility.

squashfs is mentioned as a volume with 1.1 GB and also, is not mounted. i did mount squashfs as well. i did read at LM Community that squashfs is a read only file system to compress files and directories.

None of that worked out.

the screen still goes into auto dim.

The screen still displays gobs of error messages; server not mounted etc, etc, etc.

typing in the word mint at the log in dialog and pressing enter, does not work, password field needs something.

what can be done.
start over ?.

Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: install mount boot

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Open a terminal.
Type in "sudo passwd mint"
Enter the new password twice.
Done.

If you want, you can also make a new user with useradd.
"sudo useradd {username}"
"sudo passwd {username}"
moonPeople

Re: install mount boot

Post by moonPeople »

Thank you for the reply.

i installed Linux Mint 11 and saw that the partitions made for Mint Debian were not correct.
I have difficulity with graphics and colors and with being new to Gparted, what a mess.
I will bang away at it later after i have had a day off from the job that pays the bills.

Thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”