LMDE on Dell Vostro 3560

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
gorko122

LMDE on Dell Vostro 3560

Post by gorko122 »

Hello!

Today I've got my Dell Vostro 3560 and I wanted to install LMDE.

The problem is, that I can't boot the live CD. Instead of the X-Session I get a Screen that is blinking white and gray. I can't switch to TTY1 or something else. I also tried to boot with xforcevesa and nomodeset but it didn't help.

I think the problem is, that my notebook uses dual graphic - the integrated Intel 4000 and an AMD Radeon HD 7670. I also tried to boot Mint 14 and it worked withoud problems. Maybe LMDE doesn't work because of the old ISO.

I've disabled secure boot and I booted in BIOS mode because my USB Stick was not recognized in EFI mode.

If you need more details from my system pleas inform me.

Does somebody have an idea what is going wrong and how i can bring LMDE to boot up correctly?

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LMDE on Dell Vostro 3560

Post by Fornhamfred »

Have you checked the live dvd?
gorko122

Post by gorko122 »

you mean instead of the USB drive?

No i didn't test to burn the image on a DVD because the USB drive (I've used YUMI) works on an other notebook without problems and Mint 14 boots from the same USB drive too on my notebook.

You really think it is worth a try?
gorko122

Post by gorko122 »

I've found the solution:
kernel parameter i915.modeset=0 made it.
lmdewheezy

Post by lmdewheezy »

gorko122,
kernel parameter i915.modeset=0 made it
Could you elaborate in newb-speak?

I have the exact same problem though with an integrated Intel 3000 and an nVidia GeForce 630M.

In advance, thank you :D

LW

EDIT / I saw this post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=101801. Sorry poor search.

Return to “LMDE Archive”