Problem with LMDE Bootup

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dover

Problem with LMDE Bootup

Post by dover »

Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem.
I downloaded LMDE 32 bit Mate and burned to usb stick (with unetbootini, checksum is correctly done).
LMDE start normally and without any problem and therefore i decided to install it.
My hard disk have this partition:
1- Primary (recovery) 2- Primary (xp) 3- Extended (3a - Logical "puppy linux" 3b - Logical) 4- Primary (Data)

I've installed LMDE in partition 3b and all went fine. I don't installed the grub from LMDE installation process, but after installation is complete I restart in Puppy linux and i reinstall Grub4Dos from here. Grub4Dos found 3 operative system in my pc (Windows xp - Puppy Linux - LMDE) and at reboot I see all the three options on the grub's screen. But, when i select LMDE, it appears several rows of error messages (ex: "kernel panic" and more others that I don't understand) and after no more rows.
The boot of LMDE is clearly failed. Have you an idea about how to fix this problem?
Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Problem with LMDE Bootup

Post by grimdestripador »

You need the correct boot string for linux mint. I think the grub4dos autodetected the partitions/disks correct. But does not know about the special parameters needed to be passed to the kernel at boot time. This can usually be fixed. is the a grub.cfg in the grub4dos directoy?
Is there anyone else with LMDE who can provide 'cat /boot/grub/grub.cfg'?

Return to “LMDE Archive”