LMDE in triple boot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
palimmo
Level 4
Level 4

LMDE in triple boot

Post by palimmo »

Hello.
After several years with ubuntu I would like to switch to Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE), but gradually.
The situation on my laptop, as you can see from the screenshot, currently is a dual-boot ubuntu & Win7.

First of all I would like to create an ext4 partition where install LMDE (ideally taking space from the NTFS partition, where you can see the cursor) and have for a short period a triple-boot Ubuntu-Win7 LMDE.

My concerns are:
- After installing LMDE (I probably will do it from a Live USB), the Grub bootloader will easily recognize the presence of the other two SO?
- Can I use for LMDE the same swap partition present (the same one I use with Ubuntu)?

thanks in advance!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM Cinnamon 64bit
wayne128

Re: LMDE in triple boot

Post by wayne128 »

palimmo wrote:
My concerns are:
- After installing LMDE (I probably will do it from a Live USB), the Grub bootloader will easily recognize the presence of the other two SO?
- Can I use for LMDE the same swap partition present (the same one I use with Ubuntu)?
Yes for both questions.
palimmo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: LMDE in triple boot

Post by palimmo »

One more question:
if, after a while, I'd like to:
- Delete Ubuntu
- Format its partition (always in ext4)
- move the home of LMDE from the partition where LMDE is installed to this new, freed from ubuntu

would it be possible?

And above all: how can I do it? : D

thank you!
LM Cinnamon 64bit

Return to “LMDE Archive”