LMDE will not install via USB live along side with windows

Questions about Grub, the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE will not install via USB live along side with windows

Postby davihi1992 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:57 am

Hey Mint Community, sorry if there is another post that answers this, I have goggled and scrubbed through this forum for a good bit last night to no avail of finding the issues with my system. If there is an answer to this please link it. What my problem is I ran Linux mint Debian edition alongside, Windows 7 pro and Mac os 10.8. no problem. Anyways hard drive took a dump, well I put in another hard drive and installed 7 Fine, well LMDE won’t install for anything, and I am not sure why it’s doing what it’s doing this as before it installed just fine, I don't have a CD drive so I install it from USB. I thought well its not showing I have all the space I normally have so I checked to see if, there were extra partitions on there that could be taking up the space, nope, maybe it was the program I was using Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.3.7 to keep it easy, worked for me before no issue well just to eliminate possibility I re downloaded LMDE same thing, I tried Unetbootin same thing. Well me being the duh dun dun that I am I would always walk away and do something eals well I finally Stayed in-front of it to watch it and its having some kind of registry issues witch the pictures that will fallow will demonstrate the recurring information.
Here is the information that it says at the beginning and I am guessing that this is what start the hole chain of issues
[ 5.1801636305] [drm] nouveau 0000:00:12.0********misaligned reg 0x001020FB====
[ 5.17 8155] [drm] nouveau 0000:00:12.0 ******* misaligned reg 0x001020FB=====
[ 25.052030] ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
[ 35.0604034 ata1: SRST failed (errno=-16)
This all goes by pretty quick so I try to be as accurate as I could be, and if there is more information that you need please let me know and I will try to provide what I can. Also a side notes the number in the brackets [] tend to change but all the other information seems to stay the same. Any assistance will be appreciated.
Here are the photos Image and Image
There is a lot more then information after this but like I said if you need something eals let me know.
Thanks for your time Dan
p.s. its LMDE 201303 Cinnamon 64-bit

Update as of 22:48 Aug-22-2013 nether version: regular Mint 15 or LMDE will install MD5 checks out but still get a error of some sort etc...
davihi1992
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: LMDE will not install via USB live along side with windo

Postby JohnTwenty on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:34 am

Well, the error information points to a problem with the graphics driver.

Have you tried installing it from the compatibility mode?

J.T.
JohnTwenty
Level 1
Level 1

Re: LMDE will not install via USB live along side with windo

Postby davihi1992 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Figures With navida, and yes I have, with the same results... Thank you as well for responding back after having to wait for so long it seemed like.
davihi1992
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Installation & Boot