Wrong UUID configured in grub.cfg: LMDE 201303 install

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jgdempsey
Level 1
Level 1

Wrong UUID configured in grub.cfg: LMDE 201303 install

Post by jgdempsey »

After initial install from the LMDE 201303 live cd, installing grub on either /dev/sda or /dev/sda1, I get "no such device" <UUID> on boot.
This is a single boot system, replacing an Lubuntu install (I formatted / to install LMDE)
Looking at grub.cfg, I see a different UUID from the one I get if I do a blkid. I have tried running boot-repair from their live cd, as well as manually modifying grub.cfg (got a different error that time but no better), but still had the same issue.

I haven't changed the drive, as I want to keep my home directory data, and there are no other boot partitions. I can't figure out where its getting the UUID it is putting into grub.cfg.

Thanks
JD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wrong UUID configured in grub.cfg: LMDE 201303 install

Post by Fornhamfred »

Did you keep the Ubuntu home partition? If so this is probably where the wrong UUID is coming from.
jgdempsey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jgdempsey »

No, I already checked that too...
cwsnyder

Post by cwsnyder »

Did you boot from a thumb drive when you installed? I have seen this problem happen because the drive you booted from (a thumb drive) to install the LMDE system was configured as /dev/sda during the installation process, but the drive which was /dev/sda after reboot was the main hard drive. This might also happen if you installed Mint from a USB hard drive.
jgdempsey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jgdempsey »

No, I did the install from the Live CD..
jgdempsey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jgdempsey »

In case anyone can glean any info from the output from boot-repair have a look here [url]http://paste.ubuntu.com/6477063[/url].

I'm wondering if it's related to the errors about a missing GLIBC_2.14

Return to “LMDE Archive”