initramfs is 1024x768 only

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

initramfs is 1024x768 only

Post by herbie643 »

I'll make a long story short.
I started out with LMDE Cinnamon and then decided to run Gnome. I switched repositories to SID and did an aptitude install of gnome. Everything went well.
I have been running for about a month or more and no problems. Doing updates daily, apt-list bugs was broken for a day or 2 but I was able to get around that.
I decided to install a Liquorix kernel and now it only boots up in 1024x768 resolution.
I have tried every trick found by Googl'ing and pasting into grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=" nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1440x900-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap init=/lib/systemd/systemd"
Yes, I am running systemd with no issues. I tried switching back to sysv and got the same result.
I thought perhaps it was a 32 bit kernel issue so I installed vmlinuz-3.11-0.bpo.2-amd64, via backports, and the result was the same.
So I have determined rightly or wrongly that initramfs is the problem.
So my question isl
Can I switch to dracut?
If I do, then does any subsequent install of a kernel still try to use initramfs or will it use dracut?
Any ramifications otherwise?
OR
any suggestions on fixing the current problem with initramfs.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Re: initramfs is 1024x768 only

Post by herbie643 »

Well it;s fixed. Finally after googli'ng for hours I googled for i915 modeset and found this site http://carlosbecker.com/posts/how-to-en ... archlinux/ which indicated a change to /etc/modeprobe.d/915mkms.con
and enter
options i915 modeset=1

That did it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”