LMDE installing on a 2 drive system, SSD being boot drive

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Tazdrumm3r

LMDE installing on a 2 drive system, SSD being boot drive

Post by Tazdrumm3r »

I've been wrestling with this the last few nights and losing.

I'm more than willing to accept I may not be setting up the partitions properly in order to get LMDE to get to the login screen.

So, I want to eliminate the first and easiest one to ask:

I have a Toshiba laptop, I just installed a Crucial 120 Gig SSD. I want to install the OS on this disk and have the 750GIg HD as my /home.

In this kind of configuration, LMDE should be able to install on the SSD with no issues right? (Issues outside of knowing how to partition the bloody thing... :mrgreen: )
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tazdrumm3r

Re: LMDE installing on a 2 drive system, SSD being boot driv

Post by Tazdrumm3r »

Uggh another night and no progress.
xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

Post by xfrank »

Active Distros in my computers: LM21.1 (Mate,Xfce); MXLinux (Xfce)
Tazdrumm3r

Post by Tazdrumm3r »

I went through these steps last night (http://flexion.org/posts/2013-08-linux- ... aptop.html) and ended with the same results.

Tonight, I'm going to try again and document as I go (to make sure).
Tazdrumm3r

Post by Tazdrumm3r »

Redid this page, http://flexion.org/posts/2013-08-linux- ... aptop.html and ended with the same results.

I didn't use btrfs for the SSD

The /target/etc/fstab looks like this:

Code: Select all

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>      <options>                           <dump>  <pass>
proc            /proc           proc        defaults                            0       0
LABEL=root      /               ext4        defaults                            0       1
LABEL=boot      /boot           ext4        defaults,noatime                    0       2
LABEL=home      /home           ext4        defaults,relatime                   0       2
LABEL=swap      none            swap        sw                                  0       0
I give up.

I'm going to with Debian or Manjaro for now. I may revisit this. I really want to get LMDE going but at this rate, I'm falling behind.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Tazdrumm3r wrote:I'm going to with Debian or Manjaro for now.
I heard Manjaro uses LMDE's installer until they'll find something more suitable for them. It would be interesting to know whether they added something for this situation or not. :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”