LMDE 201403 32Bit Install - Download Win - Yellow Bar

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lkraemer

LMDE 201403 32Bit Install - Download Win - Yellow Bar

Post by lkraemer »

I've just installed LMDE 201403 (32 Bit) from the Burned ISO file. After getting everything configured and set up,
I've noticed that when I have the Download Window Open, there is a Yellow Bar (Window) Open on the top of
the regular Window. Has anyone else noticed this Anomaly/(BUG)?

There are no other Yellow Bars (Window) opening with any other Window (Documents, Music, Pictures, .......etc..)
But, there is a Yellow bar that looks very similar in the Trash Window, when I empty the trash.

What is it's purpose in the Downloads Window?

Larry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Distro-Don

Re: LMDE 201403 32Bit Install - Download Win - Yellow Bar

Post by Distro-Don »

lkraemer wrote:I've just installed LMDE 201403 (32 Bit) from the Burned ISO file. After getting everything configured and set up,
I've noticed that when I have the Download Window Open, there is a Yellow Bar (Window) Open on the top of
the regular Window. Has anyone else noticed this Anomaly/(BUG)?

There are no other Yellow Bars (Window) opening with any other Window (Documents, Music, Pictures, .......etc..)

What is it's purpose?

Larry
I have the same thing and don't know what it is either.
waltergallegog

Re: LMDE 201403 32Bit Install - Download Win - Yellow Bar

Post by waltergallegog »

That yellow bar is caused by the Bluetooth app

When the Bluetooth is on, within the yellow bar there is now a message telling you that download's folder may be used to receive files over bluetooth:
http://s2.subirimagenes.com/imagen/prev ... enshot.png
If you click on preference, you will see again that Download's folder is set to receive files from Bluetooth.

The problem is, when Bluetooth is disabled, the message disappear, but the yellow bar remains:
http://s2.subirimagenes.com/imagen/prev ... nshot1.png

Now, I guess that's a bug, and I don't know how to fix it, but, instead of fix the bug you can do 2 things:

1 -
Change the folder for Bluetooth's files to one you never use (I don't know how neither)

2 -
What I did: Uninstall the Bluetooth app with:
sudo apt-get purge mate-bluetooth

And if you need to use bluetooth you can try others apps like blueman
i haven't prove to send files or connect a Bluetooth device yet, so I can't promise that blueman is gonna work, but at least after install it, there is no yellow bar.

I hope that can help you, and if you like, you could report that bug to lmde or mate developers (I don't know how).

Return to “LMDE Archive”