Invalid Partition Table after install

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
mheym56820

Invalid Partition Table after install

Post by mheym56820 »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install LMDE2x64 on a Dell Laptop and am wanting Linux to be the only OS so no dual booting etc. I have tried installing on both a Precision M4700 and a E6430 to no avail. Walking through install, I select the partition layout, 30GB for Root, ~60GB for Home and 5GB for swap. install runs through and everything is fine until it asks to reboot. At this time all I get is a "Invalid Partition Table" message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this or what may be wrong? I am really wanting to install a debian base rather than ubuntu.

Thanks

- Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
metoome
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Invalid Partition Table after install

Post by metoome »

maybe in bios set uefi to legacy?
mheym56820

Post by mheym56820 »

metoome wrote:maybe in bios set uefi to legacy?
UEFI is set to legacy. Upon further investigation I have found that system will boot to Linux by pressing enter at that message. Anyone know of a way to get rid of this annoying message? What is weird is that I can install this on a E6420 and it boots fine without the message yet on the E6430 I get the same annoyance. Bios settings between these two settings are identical.
lostfarmer

Post by lostfarmer »

It is possible that the BIOS boot program wants to see an Active partition in the MBR. Try to set the Root partition active with gparted to see it that is the problem.

Return to “LMDE Archive”