(SOLVED) No Wireless on Lenovo T410 ThinkPad

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Dave68

(SOLVED) No Wireless on Lenovo T410 ThinkPad

Post by Dave68 »

Well, I installed a Persistent LMDE last night on a 16GB following Seeley's instructions:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 38#p360138

Bluetooth came up right away, not that I use it, and everything else appears to be working quite well. I'm just not sure what the deal is with this Wireless.

I can only give you the Windows Version of the Hardware Specs, and I'm docked as well:

Network Adapters:

System Devices:

Not my preferred method, but I'm on the Company Network right now and can't get into LMDE.

Sorry guys. Best I can do right now. Tonight, when I'm plugged into my Home Network, I'll run the terminal commands to see what LMDE can actually see.

Thanks,
Dave

(PS This is a Core I5 I'm running.)
(PSS Sorry to Punish You With Windows XP Pro 32 Bit)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dave68

Re: No Wireless on Lenovo T410 ThinkPad

Post by Dave68 »

UPDATE:

Last night, via XChat, it was determined that I needed the rtl8192se Driver. I have now obtained that Driver in tar.gz format from here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dow ... =true#2302

but have no experiance in installing this particular file format. The plan is to create a new directory in my /home called realtek and extract the file there. Following some information I found here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... mments=all

Any Assistance Would Be Appreciated,
Dave
Dave68

Re: No Wireless on Lenovo T410 ThinkPad

Post by Dave68 »

FINAL Plus Resolution:
(rtl8192se)

1) Obtain Unix/ Linux Driver from realtek.com: "Linux driver for kernel 2.6.X", Version: 0019.1207.2010, File Format: tar.gz (1976kb)
2) Create a New Folder in your /home, and call it /home/realtek and save the tar.gz file their.

*Note: This is the name of the Folder I created, you can call it what you choose to.

3) Right Click->Extract File Here
4) Right Click on the Extracted Folder and select "Open In Terminal"

Once in Terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo su
then:

make
Wait for the Terminal Window to stop rolling code. then:

make install
Once this completes, close Terminal and Reboot.

After the system comes back up, Right Click on the Network Manager (provided that you know there is an active wireless connection in your vicinity) and you should see that Wireless Connections are now available.

*Note: The T410 has an indicator light that shows whether or not your wireless is now active.

Good Luck, and Happy LMDE Minting,
Dave
Habitual

Re: No Wireless on Lenovo T410 ThinkPad(SOLVED)

Post by Habitual »

I vote for a Lenovo area of this forum!

both of us can do a lot of dama.... help a lot. :P

Glad you found the solution.
Your Avatar reminds me of Robin Williams for some reason. :?:
Dave68

Post by Dave68 »

Most people say I look like Dale Earnhardt, when I'm sporting my shades. :lol:

I'll settle for Robin Williams though.

Take Care,
Dave
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Dave68 wrote:I'll settle for Robin Williams though.

Take Care,
Dave
Most recently I have been compared several times to Kevin Spacey, I might would settle for Robin Williams also. :oops: Twenty-five years ago them were comparing me to Tom Selleck, that was much better. :mrgreen: It's just been a downhill slide. :lol:

Return to “LMDE Archive”