Alternate install for Mint 11 - When?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
PeggySue

Alternate install for Mint 11 - When?

Post by PeggySue »

Does anyone know when there will be an alternate install iso for LMDE (or Mint 11)?

I built my new computer with RAID and can't use LMDE or Mint 10 any more so I have returned to Ubuntu which isn't as nice to use and Naffy Narwhal appears to be even worse.

The speed improvement with RAID is enormous so there is no turning back!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Alternate install for Mint 11 - When?

Post by dawgdoc »

Here is a tutorial about installing LMDE on a system that has RAID. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... d+tutorial
PeggySue

[SOLVED] Re: Alternate install for Mint 11 - When?

Post by PeggySue »

That looks great thanks. Useful for more than just LDME!

I use mdadm rather than dmraid but the partitions and arrays are already set up so that should be OK. Also I need to consider the grub configuration because I want LDME to produce it's grug.cfg file but not write to the mbr which points to my stable raid 1 Debian /boot. I have given in and moved to grub2 but I disable the os-prober and manually add / remove distros by hand using 40_custom, which is where the menu entries in grub.cfg come in. I have a backup of the mbrs of all the drives but I will try "dpkg-reconfigure grub-pc" on a spare PC.

Thanks for the link. Perfect.
dawgdoc

Re: Alternate install for Mint 11 - When?

Post by dawgdoc »

You are welcome, I hope it works the way you want.

Return to “LMDE Archive”