[solved] update-initramfs problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Paco

[solved] update-initramfs problem

Post by Paco »

Well, I open a new topic because I think this is not related to the LMDE breakages post, anto maintain that post clean...

update-initramfs is looking for /lib/libacl* and fails because the libacl libs are in /usr/lib

I think it would be safe to link "libacl.so" to that directory, but probably this is just the first library of a long list... and the real question is: does anybody knows why it fails after the last update? Prior to that, I remember updating the nvidia drivers without problem after installing a new kernel image...

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
delicator

Re: update-initramfs problem

Post by delicator »

hello all

same issue after doing upgrade

i try to install and remove etc... some linux image, and i don' t know how can i fix the problem

idea, or solution will be cooooool ^^
Paco

Post by Paco »

This is the error message in spanish...

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-2.6.39-2.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64
cp: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre «/lib/libacl*»: No existe el fichero o el directorio

Today has beeen released the linux-image-2.6.39-3.dmz.2-liquorix-amd64, and I'm not sure what to do...

thanks in adavance
Paco

Post by Paco »

Well... making symbolic links to libacl and to libattr in /lib solved the issue. I've installed the new liquorix kernel without problems...

Return to “LMDE Archive”