looking for mint-debian-installer information

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
linuxotter

looking for mint-debian-installer information

Post by linuxotter »

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered somewhere else, but I have had no luck finding any sort of manual or documentation thru Google, and searching the forums here for mint-debian-installer gives me an error that the words are too common, and other similar type searches give far too many results to sift through (7000+ when searching "installer", 1000+ searching for "debian installer).

I've been playing around with using live-build to build a live and installable iso and I'd like to use the mint-debian-installer. I've been able to load it on my iso and get it to launch, but it won't run, stops at the partitioning part. Knowing that mint-debian-installer uses gparted I have also included that, but it still just stops at the partitioning part. Is there something else I need to add?

If there's some sort of docs for mint-debian-installer somewhere that I haven't been able to find a pointer to that would be great. Or any other advice!

cheers
mark
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lauren

Re: looking for mint-debian-installer information

Post by lauren »

Hi Mark!
You want to install Linux Mint LMDE/ Gnome?
LMDE has its own installer, it differs from the other Mint ones.
Pro: You can do all steps, see the result and quit without problem.
I recommend to create partitions before installing - with a new GParted live.
Here in the forum you will find HowTos:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... =63013/url
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 360138/url
As far as I know there is no manual for LMDE.
lauren
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

If you understand the code you could download the source code and look at it

Code: Select all

apt-get source mint-debian-installer 
Otherwise you may email the developers (you may see its author(s) in the source code or mail the LMDE developers) and ask for help.
linuxotter

Post by linuxotter »

Hey Lauren - thanks for the response, but what I'm trying to do is build an installable OS using the mint-debian-installer. I have already successfully installed LMDE.

secipolla - that's a good suggestion, and one I'll have to follow up on considering the lack of any other documentation I've been able to find.

cheers
mark

Return to “LMDE Archive”