Latest LMDE with existing home on seperate disk

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
fiik1

Latest LMDE with existing home on seperate disk

Post by fiik1 »

I have been using mint for a few years - but I am no expert.

I have an HP Compaq 3.4 GHz Dual Core with 160GB IDE drive (sda) with /home partition and grub2. I am trying to very carefully upgrade without breaking it all. I managed to update to the 686 kernel to use both processors so I hope I'm getting there.

sda is a 160GB IDE drive with 2 partitionss a has /home on a 34GB partition with the rest with backup data.

sda1 is 34GB with /home,

sda2 is the remaining for backup data. Videos, iso's, mp3s etc all the big stuff to make the backup tool quicker.

sdb is a 40GB SATA drive with 3 partitions and 800MB swap

sdb1 has an earlier version of LMDE - broken packages which I cannot find through Synaptic prevent me from updating it.

sdb2 is where I have installed LMDE201109.

First thing I love about the installer is that it puts Australia on top of the list - lol!

On the previous LMDE install it was easy to set up /home on the seperate disk - I have installed with the /home on sdb2 mounted. This install does not give me that option, so I need some coaching to link up to my pre-existing home.

Any help will be great thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fiik1

Re: Latest LMDE with existing home on seperate disk

Post by fiik1 »

Solved found relevant tutorial
stormadvisor

Post by stormadvisor »

fiik1 wrote:Solved found relevant tutorial
Where?
fiik1

Post by fiik1 »