Currently running Mint Debian - with Mate and a rather old version of Evolution 3.4.4 and I would like to update it.
These are the steps I have taken so far - now i stumped on what next?
1) Deleted the version for Repos after Backup
2) Save downloaded tarball to folder on desktop (evolution_3.8.5-2.debian.tar.gz) in this case.
3) unpacked/extracted it
4) opened Synap's but then found out it cant read the files in it so wont "Add file to Repo's"
5) friend advised - install "Checkinstall" 1st it helps if it comes time to uninstall files not in Repo's...
6) Run Terminal - locate folder and run chris@mintdebian:~/Desktop/Evo3.6/debian$ ./configure Result, bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
7) Run command "make" Result, make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
8 ) Run command "sudo checkinstall"
Result - The package documentation directory ./doc-pak does not exist.
Should I create a default set of package docs? [y]: n
This package will be built according to these values:
0 - Maintainer: [ root@mintdebian ]
1 - Summary: [ Evolution3.6 ]
2 - Name: [ debian ]
3 - Version: [ 20131126 ]
4 - Release: [ 1 ]
5 - License: [ GPL ]
6 - Group: [ checkinstall ]
7 - Architecture: [ i386 ]
8 - Source location: [ debian ]
9 - Alternate source location: [ ]
10 - Requires: [ ]
11 - Provides: [ debian ]
12 - Conflicts: [ ]
13 - Replaces: [ ]
Enter a number to change any of them or press ENTER to continue:
Installing with make install...
========================= Installation results ===========================
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
**** Installation failed. Aborting package creation.
This tells me that either I have a file missing in the download or i'm supposed to point the way to a location??
Can you please help with this problem as mail is "backing up rather quickly!"