ttf-mscorefonts can't connect to server [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Aradan

ttf-mscorefonts can't connect to server [SOLVED]

Post by Aradan »

Hi, the other day i installed the last 2011 LMDE release, everything seems ok, but i have a problem installing ttf-mscorefonts-installer , because it tries to connect to some servers but never download the fonts, like Andale.exe or something like that. It's strange because when i open the direction in a web browser, it can be downloaded without problem, so the server isn't down.
I even upgraded some packages but the problem persists, it's the only thing that doesn't seem to work fine. I searched through Google, and there's a related issue in the Ubuntu version but on the 9.x version , so it should be corrected. Can it be the firewall or something like that? Or is there a way to install manually the fonts?

Thanks
Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
äxl

Re: ttf-mscorefonts can't connect to server

Post by äxl »

Please post the output of:

Code: Select all

apt-cache policy ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Also everything you could copy from the installer would be helpful.
Look at the NOTE here: http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/ttf-ms ... -installer
Looking at the .deb it seems the installer stores the fonts in either /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts or /var/lib/msttcorefonts/ms-fonts
Aradan

Post by Aradan »

Hi, thanks for your answer, the command says

ttf-mscorefonts-installer:
  Installed: 3.4
  Candidate: 3.4
  Version table:
 *** 3.4 0
        500 http://debian.linuxmint.com/latest/ testing/contrib amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
Aradan

Post by Aradan »

Mm.. i couldn't solve the problem with the servers, but i installed the fonts manually downloading them to a file and then doing

sudo dpkg --reconfigure ttf-mscorefonts-installer
It asks me for a route where the fonts were downloaded, and then everything works ok! :o
Still, i would like to know if possible why the apt-get install didn't work properly

Dave

Return to “LMDE Archive”