Only Texlive 2009 in LMDE latest repositories

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vierseisoenekind

Only Texlive 2009 in LMDE latest repositories

Post by vierseisoenekind »

Hello everyone,

I am new to Mint and this forum and I apologize if this is a silly question.
It appears as if I don't have Texlive2011 in the latest repos of a 4 week "old" installation. I thought lmde was a based on debian testing and quite frankly, that was one of the reasons for me to switch from ubuntu. I use a 32 bit version, and have set synaptic to prefer debian packages.
Since no one seemed to struggle with this (I did some google and forum searches) I assume I miss something trivial.

I like Mint and want to stay with it, so a couple of explanatory lines would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Only Texlive 2009 in LMDE latest repositories

Post by xenopeek »

Moved the topic here, as it is about LMDE.

Texlive 2012 version seems to only have arrived in Testing two weeks back. As there has not been an Update Pack to LMDE since that date, you can not yet install that version. If you know what you are doing, you can add Debian Testing as a repository next to the LMDE Latest repository, if you want (to install it early). See the LMDE FAQ for some more options: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=197&t=91405
vierseisoenekind

Post by vierseisoenekind »

Thanks a lot for the information.
Since I am not a linux guru I think I can wait a little longer, I have been very patient with ubuntu :D
I hope the next update package (which then should include Texlive 2011 or 12, right?) will not be too far in the future.
As it is mentioned in the post you linked, it seems to be always a trade of between up to date and stability.

Cheers.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Yup, as 2012 is currently in Debian Testing (here) it should be included in the next UP.

Return to “LMDE Archive”