Aircrack-Ng Still A Text File

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Aircrack-Ng Still A Text File

Postby fluffernutjob on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm still extremely new to Linux/Linux Mint. As a way of illustrating the awesomeness of the OS, a buddy of mine suggested I try to learn how to Aircrack. (Strictly legal purposes, believe me.) Anyway, after searching around a bit online, I found what seemed to be a fairly detailed presentation of how to install it. http://ubuntublog.org/how-to-install-ai ... x-mint.htm Following the 'sudo apt-get install' method, rather than downloading a tarball, I was able to successfully get it onto my computer. However, it does not appear as an application and a substantial amount of searching was necessary to discover any trace at all of its whereabouts. It appears to still be a text file. What should I do?
fluffernutjob
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Aircrack-Ng Still A Text File

Postby asdfasdf on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I haven't used this program, but if you followed the instructions on the link you provide, it's very likely that the program was installed into the directory /usr/local/bin.

Try "cd /usr/local/bin", and then do an "ls" (equivalent to "dir" on Windows). My guess is that you will see a program something like "aircrack-ng". Also, your installation may have created a manual page; try "man aircrack-ng" or perhas "man aircrack" to see if there's one.
asdfasdf
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications