Thanks a lot friend.
zerozero

Re: LMDE (64bit) -pos UP5- The WINE issue

Post by zerozero »

i'm glad you found it helpful :)
ctrlesc

Post by ctrlesc »

ormu wrote:I noticed that some of the default programs used by Firefox were also replaced with the Wine alternatives, e.g. when you click a link to a text file, it asks whether to open or save the file, in the "open" dialog the Wine notepad is listed as default. I was able to fix this by deleting all desktop objects pointing to Wine notepad from ~/.local/share/applications/

I also sent complainments to the packagers. I don't understand why anyone would use wine programs if there are better native ones available.

Code: Select all

find ./ -iname "wine-extension*\.desktop" | xargs -I {} -n 1 bash -c 'echo "Hidden=true" >> {}'
The command above followed by 'update-desktop-database' will disable all the wine associations in the desktop files. You can always go back and enable the one or two that may be worthwhile by removing "Hidden=true".
ormu

Post by ormu »

ctrlesc wrote:

Code: Select all

find ./ -iname "wine-extension*\.desktop" | xargs -I {} -n 1 bash -c 'echo "Hidden=true" >> {}'
The command above followed by 'update-desktop-database' will disable all the wine associations in the desktop files. You can always go back and enable the one or two that may be worthwhile by removing "Hidden=true".
Oh, thanks. I'm going to do that if I run into problems again.

But another problem: I tried to install Winetricks but it wants to remove "wine:i386" and install "wine" instead. Are those just dummy packages or what? wine-bin:i386 is apparently not affected. (it contains the main Wine components, right?)
Rayeta76
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rayeta76 »

Hello Zerozero, i have a problem in to install Offcie 2010 en Wine and playonlinux.
In the post in Spanish see the packages install in my LMDE 64 Bits.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=126016

Sorry please! Office 2007 is install in mi system but Office 2010 no.

Return to “LMDE Archive”