[SOLVED] Firefox reinstall problem

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vistad
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED] Firefox reinstall problem

Post by vistad »

Hi guys,

I used Ant downloader with Firefox successfully. Then I noticed it stopped downloading. I reinstalled Ant downloader - but it didn't help. Then I reinstalled Firefox (from the software channel) and it does not start ever since. If I try to start it from the terminal, it does not say anything - just shows the next commandline prompt. How to diagnose the problem and start it? Thanks everybody in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint Mate 21.2 64, fanless box with passive cooling
vistad
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Firefox reinstall problem

Post by vistad »

After purging Firefox, deleting all its folders in /home, /usr and /opt and installing it again, I get:

~ $ firefox
GLib-ERROR **: /build/buildd-glib2.0_2.30.2-6-i386-6DwKmX/glib2.0-2.30.2/./glib/gmem.c:170: failed to allocate 77 bytes
Trace/breakpoint trap
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

Wiz Kid

Post by Wiz Kid »

Have you tried going to the Synaptic Package Manager and right clicking on Firefox and "Mark for complete removal"? After that clean re-install from the Package Manager again.
vistad
Level 4
Level 4

Post by vistad »

Wiz Kid wrote:Have you tried going to the Synaptic Package Manager and right clicking on Firefox and "Mark for complete removal"? After that clean re-install from the Package Manager again.
Wiz Kid, it worked!!! You are a wizard! Thanks a lot!!! :)
Wiz Kid

Re: [SOLVED] Firefox reinstall problem

Post by Wiz Kid »

You're welcome.

Return to “LMDE Archive”