Skype grabs focus whenever I receive a chat message

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
PragTob

Skype grabs focus whenever I receive a chat message

Post by PragTob »

Hello fellow Mintians,

I switched to LMDE a few months back and I really like it. Thanks!
There is one pesky problem though, ever since the switch to LMDE whenever I receive a skype message the skype window grabs focus and comes to the foreground. I even installed the new 4.0 version, but it didn't help. This is especially annoying when writing (like now) and every time someone sends me a message in Skype that window grabs focus and I continue typing there...

I didn't use to have this problem with Linux Mint 12. It just started with the Debian Edition and happens on both my laptop and my desktop. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a fix for this?

I can't seem to find something about that in the options... the only thing I can think of is Chat --> When somebody starts a chat with me ---> Open a chat window in front of me. But that option is NOT activated.

Help would be greatly appreciated... and I'll try to find an issue tracker of Skype and open an issue there as well.
Oh yeah I use Cinnamon.

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PragTob

Re: Skype grabs focus whenever I receive a chat message

Post by PragTob »

it seems like this was a Cinnamon problem: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/c ... 0fae5f0109

Hopefully update pack 5 includes this fix. I'm just updating but it's very slow so I'll hopefully see tomorrow how this is going.

Return to “LMDE Archive”