crossover linux [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
AbeOwitz

crossover linux [SOLVED]

Post by AbeOwitz »

I have crossover installed on LMDE with Cinnamon 1.6, but the installed Windows apps don't show up in the menu.

However, if I right-click and edit the Cinnamon menu, I can see "Windows Applications" listed.

("Crossover" does show up in its own menu item folder.)

Suggestions? Thanks.

UPDATE: Fixed with latest Cinnamon update.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lizbeth

Re: crossover linux

Post by lizbeth »

I'm going to ask a really dumb question. Is the windows menu check box checked? Are the items listed in its sub menu checked in their check boxes?
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

I'm running LM 13 Cinnamon and have the same problem, and yes, on the main menu editor all check boxes are checked.
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

lunatico wrote:I'm running LM 13 Cinnamon and have the same problem, and yes, on the main menu editor all check boxes are checked.
There are two menu editors in Cinnamon. There's the Main Menu application available from the menu, and there's the right-click Edit Menu application available from right-clicking the Menu button.

Two different editors and they don't always share info between each other. Make sure you have checked both menu editors.
AbeOwitz

Re: crossover linux [SOLVED]

Post by AbeOwitz »

Thanks, but neither menu editor helped at the time.

However, works fine now since 1.6.4 Cinnamon update. :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”