my issue, this time, relates to an anomalous memory consumption on my system:
after a few times, i monitored it via the system monitor app, and discovered the following:
- at system started (Xfce included), the system need about 800MB
- at firefox start, it raises at about 1.2GB
- during firefox use, adding windows, or tabs, it raises again, reaching 2, then 2.5, then 3 GB and at the end it saturates the available 4GB
- in any case, by closing firefox tabs, and/or firefox windows, the system does not release the same amount of memory... so, at the end of an evening of use, with no running apps at all, the system memory use is an enormous 2.5-3 GB
- the same behaviour (less intensive) i shown by thunderbird, nautilus, thunar, etc etc
- in the system monitor, in the process tab, the sum of the memory usage of each single process, is lower than the overall memory usage shown in the resources tab
any help out there?!?!
tnx in advance!!!