New software, assistance, please.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tlcmd

New software, assistance, please.

Post by tlcmd »

Assistance, please. I am trying to download and install 2 or 3 newer programs (including Amarok 2.7, Clementine music player 1.1.1, and Ampache) for evaluation as a jukebox player. But, the latest versions of these programs are not in the LMDE repository,

and I cannot install them from their individual websites. The reason for this as given by all three download sites is "Debian Wheezy was frozen for new packages in July 2012 ." The new packages from these programs were issued after July 1012.

Is there a fix?
or
Will an "unfreezing" or a new Debian repository be updated soon?

Thanks,
tlcmd (aka Dick)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: New software, assistance, please.

Post by xenopeek »

Debian 7 is to be released on 4th/5th of May. Afterwards you can expect testing repository to get newer versions of programs, as till now only fixes for release bugs of Debian 7 could go into testing repository. However, LMDE has its own repository--so until a new update pack is released you still won't get newer version of your software. Perhaps one of the LMDE gurus here can give some more suggestions as to how you can get the newer versions.
kurotsugi

Re: New software, assistance, please.

Post by kurotsugi »

I've checked into debian 7 (squeezy) repository and these package are the old ones. amarok is 2.6 while clementine is 1.1. the newer version might could be found on debian sid or experimental. the other way to get them is by compile these package by ourself.

Return to “LMDE Archive”