Sublime Text / gVim cannot open nemo sftp:/ files [SOLVED]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
sqls

Sublime Text / gVim cannot open nemo sftp:/ files [SOLVED]

Post by sqls »

I've recently switched from Mint 14 to LMDE to try it out and I'm having a bit of a problem :(.

I edit a lot of files over sftp. On Mint 14, I would just type sftp://user@host/path to open a folder then I could right-click and edit the files. With LMDE when I try that my editor opens but it's not opening any file. I've tried with both Sublime Text 3 and gVim. It works with gedit but.. I don't want to use gedit :)

I can edit local files just fine - just not anything over sftp with these editors. I know gVim has an issue with gvfs and permissions but it was previously capable of opening and editing the files and Sublime Text has always worked before.

Does LMDE handle SFTP paths differently then Mint 14? Is this specific to LMDE or also with Mint 15? (I might just go download Mint 15 and try it out).

Is it a known problem with a known fix of some sort?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sqls

Re: Sublime Text 3 / Gvim & Nemo/SFTP Files

Post by sqls »

Well. As always, minutes after I break down and post something I find a solution.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=55695

Apparently, LMDE doesn't have gvfs-fuse installed that Mint 14 (Probably 15 too) have installed by default?

After installing gvfs-fuse I'm able to use Sublime Text 3 again. gVim still wipes out permissions though - I wish that would get fixed someday.

Return to “LMDE Archive”