Nitroshare on LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jjaythomas

Nitroshare on LMDE?

Post by jjaythomas »

Has any one (or a package for download) got 'nitroshare' working on LMDE (I'm using Mate)?
I tried using gdebi on the package But it has a depend of 'sni-qt'! The only sni-qt package I can find is a Ubuntu one(don't know of a pure debian one.

Thank You
J.Jay
P.S. only debian (derived distro outside of the buntus) i've seen it on has been 'Makululinux (haven't tried)

EDIT sounds like a good replacement of 'giver' (installed on Mint's back awhile ago :D ) Miss that program :cry:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Nitroshare on LMDE?

Post by nomko »

I think it's only for Ubuntu/Linux Mint.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

I do not know the answer to your question but if you liked Giver you might be interested in TransferOnLan: http://code.google.com/p/transfer-on-lan/

In it's description it even references Giver:
Transfer on LAN is a spiritual son of Giver.
One big advantage is that it's not really installed but you have to have Java installed. Unpack it and double click the TransferOnLAN.sh file and you are good to go.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Thank You very much :D
will try 'tranfer-on-lan' 8) (haven't tried to compile anything lately thou, need to brush up on. :oops:

J.Jay

EDIT my mistake :oops: its a extract/local (lova java/locals 'try and then keep/trash easily. :mrgreen:
bohu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bohu »

I got it working in Debian Testing XFCE.
Download sni-qt_0.2.6-0ubuntu1_amd64 (or the 32 bit version if that's what you need) from
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... ase/sni-qt
and install it using gdebi.
Then, download and install NitroShare.
nomko

Post by nomko »

bohu wrote:I got it working in Debian Testing XFCE.
Download sni-qt_0.2.6-0ubuntu1_amd64 (or the 32 bit version if that's what you need) from
http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/co ... ase/sni-qt
and install it using gdebi.
Then, download and install NitroShare.
Just be aware that you're mixing Ubuntu packages with Debian packages which isn't really such a good idea. In fact, it's not even recommended! So, if you install Ubuntu packages under Debian, it will be on your own risk! Packages and/or applications designed for Ubuntu aren't meant for Debian.
bohu
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bohu »

I am aware of that. There is always the possibility that some future debian update will change one of NitroShare's dependancies and cause the program to break. They are working on a debian version, so hopefully, it will be in the debian repo soon and we won't have to worry about this.

Return to “LMDE Archive”